
For Easter every year we load up the Suburban and head to Arkansas. We go to Greer's Ferry Lake and stay in a condo there on the water. We love it and it has become a fun tradition. This year was no different full of fun and surprises a ghost, and good family get-togethers. The night we got there the rain set in and there was even some severe weather and a tornado. Though luckily it wasn't where we were or any of the family was.
We arrived on Thursday and stayed through Monday so the girls were happy to miss a little school. I normally hate to do that, but I let them sluff once a year for family things.
On our second night in the condo around 2:30 in the morning, Kylie taps on my shoulder and tells me that Gavin is upstairs crying. So I go upstairs and take care of him and tuck them both back in bed, then return to my bed. What seems like about 15 minuets later, I hear a kid standing at the door to our room whispering "mom". I sit up and look around and there was no one there. So I rolled over and tried to go back to sleep. A couple minuets later I hear it again, only this time it is right next to me in between me and Scott in the bed. A voice whispering "mom" this one was a little louder and right in front of my face! I sat up and said "WHAT". Scott sits up and askes what I'm doing. I told him that there was a kid up and they were calling me. Only there was no one there! I made him go upstairs and check on the kids. He said they were all sound asleep. Then I SWEAR that I felt something press on the blankets by my foot. It felt as though there was someone climbing onto the bed! I was so freaked out by this point that I couldn't go back to sleep. I kept telling Scott I was sure I heard someone say "mom". He totally didn't believe me and rolled over and went back to sleep! So I laid there in bed waiting for the ghost of a child to materialize in my hotel room.
After that night I didn't have anymore ghostly experiences. But it was still spooky! Though it has to be said that even though I was scared, I didn't feel like it was a sinister presence. It was mostly scary because I couldn't see anything!
The rest of the trip was fun and really laid back. We just hung out with the family and went Easter egg hunting. We went bowling one night too and that was super fun. The twins especially loved it and Bailey even got a strike! Here are a few pictures of our adventures, (minus the ghost pictures) and I don't have the bowling pictures done, I took them with a film camera and need to develop those.
The kids taking the customary bath in the whirlpool tub. The tub is surrounded by mirrors and the kids love to look in them and see the million reflections reaching to eternity.
Bailey and Kylie "workin it" with the camera, out on a nature hike with Scott..
The kids outside of grandmas house. These pink bushes are all over everywhere. There are tons of flowers in Arkansas in the spring. Its really pretty.
The whole fam damily. Well not quite, but most of it. This was Easter Day.
3 comments:
I wish it wasn't almost near 1am because you totally freaked me out about the ghost! I wish you would have gotten a picture - jk!
Other than the ghost story it sounds like a lot of fun. I love the family picture of you all on the beach! I miss the beach, Utah really needs a good beach, Utah lake and Great Salt Lake don't count.
You need to ask Aunt Jane about ghosts, she's the expert! Can I say, there's nothing quite like a kid coming into your bedroom in the middle of the night and whispering almost imperceptibly...mom. And then if I didn't respond, he'd say really loudly...MOM. Then I'd come out of my fog, and I swear there are claw marks in the ceiling. Keith had that one down to an art form. I hope he gets it one day. It's always good to catch up on your blog love, Marsh
Post a Comment