Monday, May 11, 2009

What am I thinking??

So after many many promptings, about three dozen friends telling me to do so, and an itch I cant scratch, I have decided to endeavor writing a book.
I know, weird huh? I have been feeling very strongly about it for the last three months so one day I sat down and started writing. It was really weird. The story started flowing from me and I went back and read it and didn't even remember writing half of it. I'll admit though, I have no idea what I'm doing, but I'm trying to learn a little along the way. Which I surprisingly have, and on top of it all it has been really fun and interesting to learn it! Who knew?? I never would have dreamed that I was capable of such a thing.
So my story will be "My Story", the story of me. I thought it would be a good place to start. I have quite a tale to tell and who knows, someone else might want to read it too...But I wont care if anyone ever decides to pick it up. This is for me and my kids if they want it.
It has so far, been a really cool experience and I'm learning more about myself every time I sit down to the computer. An added perk is that I'm getting some closure on some of the things that were pretty traumatic to me. But it is strange, I feel inspired to write all the time, and when I have to stop I cant wait to get back at it. I wake up in the middle of the night and scrawl ideas on a notepad in the dark that have occurred to me in my slumber, and I'm remembering details that I thought were buried forever.
So if I'm bad about updating my blog, you will understand why. Who knows how long this process will take. Maybe Ill never get it done, but its really FUN!

7 comments:

Jules said...

Fun, therapeutic, and possibly a revenue source... sounds like a GREAT idea!!!

When I read some of your posts to my hubby last year he said that you have a way with words and really should write a book.. mark us as 2 more friends who think you should too. :)

Ambyr said...

I want a copy! I would love to read your story! I'm glad that you are writing. I think it's a great form of therapy and I find it very relaxing. Good job and I can't wait until your done!

Rainie said...

Ali, that is so awesome. I'm so glad you took the plunge and decided to do it! I'll watch your twinsies so I can have a good excuse to collect some revenue when you make your millions.

Sarah said...

I think you are amazing, and you will write a great book. Good Luck, and I cant wait to read it!

Unknown said...

Allie,

That is awesome! I can't wait!

Cindy

Brenda said...

I have always thought you should write a book Allie or a comic strip about your life!! You make me laugh so much on facebook!! Good luck with that! I am sure it will be a treasure!!

Mansell Six said...

YEAH!!